Date(s) - 28/06/2016
7:45 am - 10:00 am
intangible property that is the result of creativity, such as inventions; literary and artistic works; designs; and symbols, names and images.
You might not realise it but businesses create and use intellectual property all the time. As well as the above, IP also includes your company brands, website content, adverts and computer programs to name a few.
Most businesses also don’t know the value of their IP which can far outweigh the value of any physical assets.
Join us for a 2 hour workshop which will help you understand the complexities of IP including:
What is IP
Andrew Reith from the IP Office will explain in greater detail what IP, Patent, Design, Copyright, trademark are.
Simon Whittaker, Sagar Insurances and IP insurance specialist will help you understand how Intellectual Property Insurance can:
- Protect your Intellectual property from infringement
- Protect your income from accidental infringement of others intellectual property
- Meet your contractual obligations
- Providing comfort to the company stakeholders/ licence holders
Tony Catterall, Senior Partner and IP Specialist at Taylors Solicitors will give his insight into the fundamentals of IP law and will cover:
- What can happen when things go wrong
- What to do if you find your IP being infringed
- What remedies are available?
Tax relief on Research and development
Tom Wilkinson Associate Director at Pierce Chartered Accountants will guide you through:
- The Research and Development (‘’R&D’’) tax relief legislation
- The HMRC patent box legislation
- The importance of business structure and intellectual property
The presentations will be followed by a Q&A session, giving you the opportunity to raise any specific issues you may have with the expert panel.
To book your free place email Clare.firstname.lastname@example.org