Overview: After studying for AAT and having achieved RSA 2 in Word Processing I applied for a post within Pierce, I was quickly given the opportunity to train to work in the Payroll Department.
I liaise with clients and look after large and small payrolls.
As part of the payroll administration team we are responsible for:
- Checking people's hours
- Making the monthly payments on time
- Calculating tax and national insurance deductions
- Setting up new members of staff
- Calculating overtime
- Issuing tax forms (P45s for example)
- Administering maternity and sickness pay
How did you end up working for an accountancy practice?
I joined Pierce in 1998 having previously worked in industry.
I have been a volunteer, working with elephants in South Africa for two weeks. During this time I was involved in many aspects of elephant care including feeding and even slept with a new born calf abandoned by her mother.