From: David Sharpe
BREAKING NEWS ‘Get your business superfast’ Business Support event, Preston North End, 4 October
Date: Friday 4th of October 2013 – 9:00AM
Venue: Preston North End FC, Sir Tom Finney Way, Preston, PR1 6RU
There’s no sales pitch. Superfast Lancashire is a jointly funded collaboration between Lancashire County Council, Blackburn with Darwen Council, Blackpool Council and BT, funded by the European Regional Development Fund (ERDF) and the Department of Culture, Media and Sport (DCMS).
Superfast Lancashire’s first large scale Business Support event takes place on 4 October at Preston North End football stadium and has been tailored to help Lancashire’s businesses make the most of superfast broadband as we roll it out to 97% of the county. By going along, local businesses can pick up hints, tips and practical advice on how to develop, grow or improve the effectiveness of their business, using the potential and power of superfast internet access.
The agenda includes different sessions, from master classes that experts are hosting, to a marketplace of other business support initiatives that can be of help to local businesses. There will also be a forward looking view of how the small and medium sized business market place is set to develop in future years, as well a key note guest speaker to round the day off in style, inspiring you to take the benefits illustrated during the day back to your business.
Inspiring speakers, Dr Nicola Millard, Futurologist and Chris Boardman, MBE will also deliver plenary sessions on the day.
- An opening session with Dr. Nicola Millard, Futurologist. What might be lying around the corner for customers and organisations?’
- Key note speech from Chris Boardman, MBE. ‘From dole to Olympic gold, and building a successful business’
- Expert led ‘taster’ master classes on
- Successful social media and digital marketing
- The World Wide Web, your website and you
- Building a business in the digital age
- What ‘Cloud Computing’ can do for your business
- Visit our market place and find out about further business support opportunities in Lancashire
- Food and refreshments throughout (we wouldn’t want you to go thirsty or hungry!)
The event promises to be a great business networking opportunity and is part of the Business Support programme that Superfast Lancashire are delivering to eligible small and medium sized businesses between now and 2015. They aim to illustrate the benefits in understanding more about how businesses can grow, or become more efficient through the adoption of superfast broadband.
If you’re interested in attending, email: email@example.com